Friday, July 25, 2014

3xR Week 30: Super Sad Face

This week I was interested in using one of the stones that have been sitting around for ages, so I dug through my stash and found a nice jasper cabochon that I had already fit with a bezel as well as some copper.


You might recognize that textured copper piece at the top from 3xR 21, which might be my favorite piece from the project thus far, so I decided to continue with the theme. 

3xR 21
Since I had the a whole piece of bezel and plenty of copper back plate this time I cut off what I didn't want.

A little soldering, a few rivets, a handmade chain, some patina and I was nearly finished. All that was left was to set the stone. Then I heard a horrible sound. 


I broke the stone. Super sad face. What's worse was I didn't have a stone to replace it with. So I had to get creative. 


I found another piece of scrap from a hydraulic press test that had a semi oval shape. 


Then I made some balls out of some silver filings and did a little trimming, chasing, and soldering. 


 Not so bad for a piece without a stone.



Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment