Tuesday, July 1, 2014

3xR 22-28: Back on Track

This week I created several pieces in what is emerging as my favorite style from this project. Simple and elegant, unusual but somehow familiar, and geometrically on trend as well. Crazy.



I started with a lovely pile of scrap primarily left over from eyelet lace and orbital pieces. 


Each top piece had to be cut, filed, and sanded before I could pair it with a piece for the bottom. I was having so much fun I pulled out this second pile of scrap and did the same.


Then I sweat soldered them together, and filed and sanded some more. 


For a moment I toyed around with the idea of creating a bracelet... maybe next time. This time I decided to create some larger dangles in addition to the usual posts.

3xR #22


#23




#24


#25


#26


#27


#28


It feels so good to be back on track! Look for a new marine debris piece next week and head over to the 3xR 2014 Flickr group for a look at what the other participants are creating.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment