Sunday, January 5, 2014

3xR 2014 Flickr Challenge

The new yearly Flickr Challenge is already under way and this year it's all about being Eco-friendly! 3xR=Reduce, Recycle, Reuse! The constraints are a little more relaxed this year with the option to take on a daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever goal. The one one rule being that we must use what we have. I'm going for weekly, but we shall see.

One thing is for sure, I am really excited about this challenge. For my first two pieces I revisited a style I explored last year while creating for our local Annual Junque Art Show.

 https://www.etsy.com/listing/174735382/mismatched-sterling-silver-post-earrings?ref=listing-shop-header-2 

I reused scrap from cutting out eyelet lace pieces and the piercings from setting cabochons to create these asymmetric silver posts

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174736692/mismatched-sterling-silver-and-copper?ref=listing-shop-header-1

Similarly, I utilized the left overs from cutting out copper blossom posts and setting cabs to create these copper and silver dangles. When lined up next to each other the shadow of the missing copper blossom can be clearly seen. 


I can't wait to see how this challenge informs my work and the work of all the other participants. You can follow along or join in here: 3xR Flickr Group.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment