Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rockhound at heart?

I think all jewelers have a little rockhound in them, or at least a little Magpie. I stopped by my local rock shop today with the intention of quickly picking up one or two stones for an upcoming project. It's kind of out of the way, but any drive up here is pretty beautiful, so I didn't really mind. 


Two hours later I left with these:


And that was without going into either of the two gallery rooms or asking them to pull out any of the cabochon trays. I think I touched about half of the other rocks in the place. Aside from the two smaller cabochons these are all destined for some tab settings.

My friend Sarah (you can check out her awesome work at her new shop Lily Cobra) just invited me to go to the HUGE Tucson Gem and Mineral Show with her early next year. I'd say I'm a definite maybe.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment