Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's New: Books, Buttons and Japan

Wednesdays are hereby dedicated to What's New! This week I've got three new pieces in my Etsy shop that have interesting stories. The first is a pendant entitled "Lost" and was inspired by the novel "Lost", by Gregory Maguire. "Lost" was the first book chosen for the Etsy Metal book club jewelry challenge. Check out what the other readers came up with by clicking here!



Lost
Brass, Copper, Sterling Silver

I've also added some buttons to the shop and there will be more to come! I was preparing a new batch for an event at Origin in Eureka that's coming up next month and I decided to go ahead and make a tutorial on the process. It's my first one! You can check it out here!

 
Assorted Buttons
Brass

Lastly, some of the folks at Etsy Metal are putting together a charm bracelet to help raise money for Japan. We've each made two charms, one for the bracelet which will be available through the Etsy metal shop when it's assembled and another to put in our own shops. I chose to use cherry blossoms in my charms to signify unity and the ephemeral nature of life.

Cherry Blossom Charms
Sterling Silver, Garnet, Copper

What's going on in Japan affects us all and we have a long road ahead of us. If you are not interested in charms please consider making a small donation to the Red Cross. Every little bit helps! 

Thanks for reading and please do tell me, what's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment