1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Erin House. I am 31 years old. I have a BA in Studio Art from Humboldt
State University and my emphasis was in Jewelry and Small Metals. I live on the Pacific
Northwest Coast in Loleta, CA. I make jewelry out of my home studio and I try to live
simply and enjoy myself.
2. Describe your work in one sentence.
I strive to create sophisticated and elegant designs while exploring archetypal themes that
can speak to a wide audience.
3. What pieces are you most proud of?
I am not sure which one I am proud of, but my favorite pieces are “Tzab’ek Rattle Ring”
and “Sundial Ring”
4. What are you favorite materials to work with?
I love to work with Silver!
5. What direction do you see your work going in?
I could see myself creating objects or small sculpture. It’s hard to say. I am open to
anything the universe throws at me.
6. Who or what is your biggest artistic influence?
I am influenced by architecture and nature and pretty much whatever I think is visually
7. If you could have your work critiqued by another artist who would it be and why?
Bob Ebendorf. I love his work and he is very respected in the jewelry world.
8. What is the best advice you've ever been given?
To change my major from Botany to Studio Art. I am so happy I did!
9. If you could add one tool to your collection what would it be?
I would love to have a Hydraulic Press.
10. What do you listen to in the studio?
I like talk radio, like This American Life. I know it sounds boring, but, that’s what I like.
|Tzab’ek Rattle Ring|
11. What is your most prized possession?
I have a ring my Grandfather gave to my Grandmother a long time ago and I love it!
12. Do you collect anything? If so, do you display your collections?
I collect antique mirrors, and yes, they are hanging on my walls.
13. How do you spend most of your free time?
I like to be outside when the weather is nice. I take my dogs to the beach and on walks.
14. What do you wish you were doing with your free time?
Making cool stuff.
15. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
I would end all the wars and feed all the people. Maybe that’s two, but that’s what I
16. Where can we see your work!
I have jewelry in Origin located in Old Town Eureka, which is having an “I Heart Indie
Fashion” event on May 6th from 6pm to 9pm. People can come in and meet some of the
makers/designers and have drinks and fun! origindesignlab.com
I also have an Etsy page. ErinHouseDesigns.etsy.com
And a blog. housepartystudio.blogspot.com