Wednesday, September 10, 2014

3xR Week 36: Botanical Stacking Rings



This week my 3xR (reduce, recycle, reuse) piece(s) came together as I was organizing a cabinet and came across a box full of rings from the Ring A Day (RAD) challenge. So many of my rings were quickly thrown together and not really fit for sale. Since there is photographic evidence of each piece in multiple locations I decided it was time to let some of these pieces find new life.


Then I hit the scrap bin and pulled out a little of this and a little of that.



I melted the smaller pieces into balls and soldered them down to larger pieces.


After they were shaped, hammered, and stamped I added them to the reworked the RAD bands resulting in a really fun set of botanical stacking rings. Since I wasn't really sizing the bands as I made them I ended up with four different sets.


Fortunately, the sizes are close enough that they could potentially be worn together, and when they are it's like a garden on your finger!



You can check out what the other 3xR artists are making over at the 3xR 2014 Flicker group or get your hands on some of these eco-friendly stacking rings over at my Etsy Shop.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment