Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for all the kind words and support over the past year. Here's to an even better 2012!

1st on the agenda: make some new work! I'll be joining in a new jewelry challenge this year called FAM (Four a Month). The idea is to create four pieces that are related each month. I'm really excited about this challenge and have been meaning to get to some series work for quite some time. During the 2011 RAW (Ring a Week) challenge I focused on rings that all incorporated origami and was very pleased with the results.


My goal for this years challenge is to make it all the way through. I was a little bummed that I only made it through 13 weeks of RAW as finishing RAD (Ring a Day) in 2010 gave me a huge sense of accomplishment. Fortunately, I think concentrating on series work that is a little more flexible may be just what I need to get moving again. For January I plan on working around the theme of hibernation and rebirth. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment