Saturday, March 12, 2011

Framing My Minions: a show from Lia Liette Sharp

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the opening of Framing My Minions, a show from my friend and talented artist Lia Liette Sharp. Lia has taken her love of metal work and alternative materials to a new and fantastic place with this body of work. Robots, pin-ups, aliens and more adorn the walls of Hunter Plaid Gallery of Arcata, California.  Show will be up from March 11- April 3 and is not to be missed.



Lia's work opens
a dialogue about
mythology,
technology and
social norms.








 
Don't forget to check out her monthly coloring books and 2011 pin-up (color-in) calendar while you're there. Calendars and other creations are also available at her Etsy shop: Concupiscence

Colored this one myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment