Monday, March 8, 2010

"Freak Show" A Coloring Book by Lia Sharp

 
Cover colored by Lia herself

My friend and fellow Humboldt State alumni, Lia Sharp, is "taking a break from making jewelry" and is instead focusing on a project that has been years in the making.  She's putting out monthly installations of some of the most fun, freaky, and fantastic coloring books I've ever had the pleasure of coloring.  This months edition "Freak Show" is the second installment, following "Weirdo",  and includes just the right amount of robots, aliens, and mythical creatures. Many of the characters have relatives that live in her jewelry pieces and I love those cousins dearly, but I must say, there is a little something extra added by making these little guys my own:



 
 


Coloring books are available at Hunter Plaid Gallery in Arcata, California or you can visit Lia's ETSY.






No comments:

Post a Comment