Friday, September 19, 2014

3xR week 37: Remnant Statement Necklace

It's no secret I'm fond of the Remnant pieces that have developed from this project. This week I decided to push them further by creating a big and bold statement piece. This necklace sits high and actually looks quite delicate despite the geometric forms and oxidized contrast.



I began by pulling scrap from the eyelet lace collection and piercings from setting cabochons as usual. I wanted to add some open geometric links as well, so I gathered all the little bits of scrap wire I could find.


Next, I divided up the scrap, created the geometric links, and played around with the layout until I was happy.


After that there was a lot of filing, sanding and soldering. Sadly, I didn't have enough scrap wire for all of the connecting jump rings, so I resorted to using recycled sterling wire.  Not bad, but not scrap.


A final polish, patina, and wax and the piece was complete.



I think it might be time for a Remnant brooch next week...

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment