Thursday, January 17, 2013

BAW 3: Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom MUST be getting tired of receiving my work for every single holiday, or at the very least, running out of space to store it all! Still, I couldn't resist making this weeks brooch for my mom's birthday.


Only one progress shot this time and no sketch. I started out by cutting some circles from silver sheet and selecting a round white quartz. I formed the silver circles and made bezels for all three and soldered them down. Then I stamped, cut out, and soldered the pieces onto the back of the brooch (mom's birthday and my makers mark). 


Still experimenting with the pins. This one has a place to string a chain in case mom wants to wear it as a pendant.
    

Finally I set the stones, giving one of the bezels a hammered texture. I finished this one with a brushed Liver of Sulfur patina and wax.



Hope she likes it!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment