Monday, October 25, 2010

For the Love of Paper

I've always loved paper. I used to beg my mom to take me into every paper store and down every paper isle I saw. Greeting cards, journals, and note books filled my wish lists and just about every nook of my way too messy for mom's eyes bedroom. I would spend hours scrawling notes, writing poems, and making collages just to feel it in my hands. When I got older paper mache was often my medium of choice in sculpture classes and now I've become reacquainted with paper clay thanks to Ring A Day. There is just something about the smell and delicate nature of paper that gets me going.  I ran through the paper clay package in a matter of days but don't worry, something tells me my fascination is far from over.









I've been told these forms are coral-like in nature. Although that was not my intention I am pleased with the result. For more images of these and other paper clay rings as well as the sticky tack rings that started this series please visit me on Flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment