Sunday, April 27, 2014

3xR Week 15: Tropical Daydream

I've been daydreaming about a tropical paradise while at the bench lately, so I was really pleased when I pulled out the scrap for this weeks ring.

Sterling Silver, Fine Silver, and Aventurine Ring
 There is a flaw in the Aventurine cab, but I like to imagine it's a dolphin or whale swimming through warm green waters.

The scrap consisted of the rolled down heavy wire I've used on the last few rings, a strip of fine silver bezel left behind from a beach pottery pendant, a round bezel that I was able to stretch to fit this cabochon, and the outer edge from cutting out who knows what that I was able to roll down to back the cabochon.


For a look at what the other 3xR artists are up to head over to the 3xR 2014 Flickr group. This ring and many other pieces from the challenge are available in my Etsy Shop!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment