Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Charm Swap 9: Moving Right Along

 I decided I better keep up the momentum and get to the point where I could be sure I was going to have enough materials. So today I soldered the copper rings and flattened them. Then I ran some silver wire through the rolling mill, and cut it to length.


 I was really getting nervous toward the end, but it turns out my estimate on wire was right on with about 2cm to spare. That was close!  Of course, I could have been a little more precise on the length of the silver strips, but I like the security of that extra overlap. And when I'm done, I'll have a bunch of little silver pieces to melt into balls for future projects.

Next I'll be cleaning up the seams on some of the copper and then I'll start soldering that silver down. Lets hope I don't melt anything!

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely!! You've gotten me thinking about how much I need to get components (ear wires and such) built up again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juliette! It's hard to make time for those components isn't it?

    ReplyDelete