Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New work: Shawl Sticks

Everyone knows it's all about the layers in Humboldt county, especially near the coast. The weather can change from hour to hour and it's best to be prepared. I must own at least 15 sweaters and nearly as many scarves and I'm pretty sure it's the same for about 90% of the population here, so it's a wonder I've never created shawl sticks before.


When the North Coast Knittery, an incredibly charming yarn shop in Old Town, asked me to create a selection for their store I was happy to get to work. I let my imagination run wild and pulled from the themes of my existing work, botanicals, geometric forms, and a variety of textures to create a unique group of accessories in sterling silver, copper, and brass.

You can get your hands on one of these at 407 2nd Street in Old Town Eureka or from the North Coast Knittery website.

Thanks for reading and stay warm!

Erin  

No comments:

Post a Comment