Tuesday, November 11, 2014

3xR 43, 44, 45, and 46: Remnant Pendants

A couple of weeks ago I got a request to create a pendant version of some of my 3xR Remnant posts and while I've been slacking on posting, I've not been slacking on making!

3xR week 33: Remnant Posts 

I started with a free form geometric pendant. 

Sterling Silver Remnant Pendant

Then continued with a few rectangle pendants.

Sterling Silver Remnant Pendants

As usual I used scrap from my eyelet pieces for the top layers. The back of the free form pendant came from a piercing behind a cabochon, and two of the rectangle strips came from a ring that was started but never finished. The center rectangle was part of the hand me down metal from my Aunt (the rest of which was used during weeks 20 and 21). I thought the metal was sterling silver, but it definitely is not. I'm not sure what it is, but it made a lovely pendant.

Only 7 weeks of the 3xR (reduce, recycle, reuse) challenge left! That must mean the holidays are upon us. I'll be putting together several gift guides stuffed full of the incredible items I've discovered on Etsy this year. In the mean time head over to the 3xR 2014 Flickr group to see what everyone else has been up to!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment